2018 HOME TRENDS
By: Rachel CalvertAs a Real Estate Agent, I am in and out of many different homes each week and I’m able to see what the new design trends are and what is fading out… I’m here to share with you some of the TOP 2018 HOME TRENDSyou will see this year! Some may surprise you while others will be a breath of fresh air. :)
1. BYE BYE GRANITEYep, that’s right- granite it OUT. When I started helping redesign my parent’s kitchen renovation in late 2014, granite was all anyone was talking about-- well, really since about the late nineties (ha!) but with all the new construction homes I’m in today, QUARTZ is now the number one product on the market right now. It’s durable, has incredible finish options, and it’s fresh.
2. It’s all about that BRASS…
3. Two Toned CabinetsFinally, something to break up all the white. Sorry if you are a white cabinet lover, but if you install that in your kitchen now, you can instantly date your home. By mixing different toned cabinets or bleached wood, it will last longer through all the trends. One of my favorite color cabinet trends is Navy and White- such a classy look and the navy helps break up all the white in a nice way!
4. See ya Subway TileThank the lord! Boring white subway tile is out… now it’s all about the texture, pattern, and unique design. I really love this idea because when you walk into someone’s home, their decor/home design really shows their personality!
Some unique tile patterns that I am loving are herringbone, penny, and scallop tile..
If you do Subway tile, switch it up from the “traditional way” like this:
5. Green Wall ColorIt use to be, add a pop of fresh green to your living space to complete the room, but now it’s the entire room… I was a bit nervous about this paint choice, but after seeing it in a few homes, it REALLY does give the home a warm and inviting feel. My favorite green color is by Benjamin Moore: 1579 Greyhound, 10 Forest Green, or 158 Newburg Green.